Creating Global Citizens
Presented by Clay McLeod
Scheduled Webinar Dates
Training Center Login »
New Users Register Here »
Creating Global Citizens is an engaging and interactive webinar that will introduce participants to the promise and potential that global education has for their teaching practice. Global education engages students in authentic tasks, addressing prescribed learning outcomes in exciting ways while teaching social responsibility. Students practice valuable literacy and thinking skills while learning to value social justice, human rights, equality, and ecological sustainability. Learn how you can get students to take authentic action to make the world a better place. Explore the potential that this approach to teaching has for you and your students.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe what global education is
- Plan how to use global education to meet learning outcomes while teaching students social responsibility
- Use the global education approach to motivate and engage students in engaging and exciting authentic classroom learning activities.
Participants will receive:
- The "Creating Global Citizens" participants' package, a .pdf booklet by McLeod, containing excerpts from his book, The World in Your Classroom: Engaging Students in Global Education
- A bibliography and list of valuable Internet resources
- Student handouts in .PDF explaining the phenomenon of Fair Trade chocolate in a way that will engage your students in this issue